The 2017 Scholarship Application is now closed
Each year the PHiR planning affiliates (CPHA, COSOPHE, PHNAC, and, this year, WPHA) endeavor to support students and early career professionals to attend the Public Health in the Rockies Conference.
The Conference, which will be in Keystone, Colorado, 4-6 October 2017 this year, provides an exceptional opportunity for education, networking and skill development. We look forward to reviewing your application as part of the up and coming generation of public health professionals.
Partial and full scholarships (lodging + registration) will be offered based on demonstrated need and interest of the applicant. Scholarship recipients will be notified by September 15. Scholarship recipients who have already paid for lodging and registration will be reimbursed for the amount of their scholarship.
About the application:
- The application is comprised of three essay questions and resume upload for each applicant.
Scholarship recipients will be asked to:
- Contribute at least one post to one of CPHA, COSOPHE, WPHA, PHiR, or PHNAC’s social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Help support A/V and/or moderation during two sessions at the Public Health in the Rockies Conference. (Being an A/V support volunteer or moderator entails receiving a brief training on A/V equipment being used at the conference, assisting the presenter(s) with distributing handouts, etc., holding up time cards for presenters, and you will be able to select the session for which you want to moderate on a first-come, first-serve basis through an online sign-up sheet.)
- Write a letter to our scholarship sponsors thanking them for the opportunity and sharing what I gained out of the experience.
- Application Opens: 8/24
- Application Closes: 9/6
- Applications Reviewed and Scored by 9/13
- Award Notifications will go out on 9/15
- Award recipients need to accept or decline awards by 9/20
- Award recipients will be reimbursed for the amount of their scholarship within a month after the conference.