Abstract Submission is now closed
Thank you for submitting an abstract, you will be notified by Friday, July 21, 2017, if your submission has been accepted.
The purpose of the 2017 Public Health in the Rockies Conference is to provide an opportunity for education, networking and skill development of the professionals in Colorado, Wyoming and neighboring regions. The Conference is designed to build a more competent public health workforce.
The goals of the conference are to:
- Provide a forum for public health professionals to develop new skills, demonstrate best practices, exchange lessons learned, share current research, and discover valuable resources.
- Offer a multi-disciplinary conference program that encompasses the broad aspects of public health.
- Stimulate innovation in public health practice.
- Provide an annual meeting opportunity for the memberships of the affiliate associations.
- Encourage networking of all professions represented in public health.
The theme of the 2017 Public Health in the Rockies conference is Unlocking the Future: Embracing Innovation and Inclusiveness. This theme evolves the conversations of past years by unlocking new doors to improve health equity, foster inclusiveness, and engage partners in creative real world solutions for the ever changing field of public health. There are persistent and preventable barriers that contribute to health inequities that are reflected in established policies and practices. Through collaborative efforts with current and non-traditional partners, we can increase awareness of these inequities and encourage advocacy and innovation opportunities to improve the health of our communities.