2017 Public Health in the Rockies Conference
Unlocking the Future: Embracing Innovation and Inclusiveness
General Conference Information:
The purpose of the 2017 Public Health in the Rockies Conference is to provide an opportunity for education, networking and skill development of the professionals in Colorado, Wyoming and neighboring regions. The Conference is designed to build a more competent public health workforce.
The goals of the conference are to:
- Provide a forum for public health professionals to develop new skills, demonstrate best practices, exchange lessons learned, share current research, and discover valuable resources.
- Offer a multi-disciplinary conference program that encompasses the broad aspects of public health.
- Stimulate innovation in public health practice.
- Provide an annual meeting opportunity for the memberships of the affiliate associations.
- Encourage networking of all professions represented in public health.
The intended audience for this conference includes, but is not limited to:
- community service providers
- health educators
- program coordinators and administrators
- environmental health professionals
- community health workers
- patient navigators
- public health officers
- researchers and faculty
- mental health professionals
- policy professionals
- related health specialists
This conference is a gathering of individuals associated with public health from Colorado, Wyoming and surrounding states. Conference attendees will consist of a wide mix of participants from the public, private and non-profit sectors, as well as the medical, academic and community settings.
The theme of the 2017 Public Health in the Rockies conference is Unlocking the Future: Embracing Innovation and Inclusiveness. This theme evolves the conversations of past years by unlocking new doors to improve health equity, foster inclusiveness, and engage partners in creative real world solutions for the ever changing field of public health. There are persistent and preventable barriers that contribute to health inequities that are reflected in established policies and practices. Through collaborative efforts with current and non-traditional partners, we can increase awareness of these inequities and encourage advocacy and innovation opportunities to improve the health of our communities.
The 2017 Conference will highlight the ongoing importance of promoting health equity and aims to:
- Encourage innovation to transform communication, practice, and policies
- Evolve common ground with non-traditional partners and build new collaboration opportunities
- Use advocacy and activism to develop a unified voice for public health and health equity
- Celebrate the power of community engagement and participation
- Provide attendees with a deeper level of leadership and professional development training
The conference will provide insight and ideas on how to promote health equity in the region, and to showcase multidisciplinary efforts within the context of the three core functions of public health: assessment, policy and assurance.
Want to support student scholarships for Public Health In The Rockies? Make a tax deductible donation by filling out this form.