2020 Public Health in the Rockies Virtual Conference
Health At All Altitudes: Action for All. Health for All.
In collaboration with Wyoming Public Health Association (WPHA)
General Conference Information:
The purpose of the 2020 Public Health in the Rockies Conference is to provide an opportunity for education, networking and skill development of professionals in Colorado and neighboring regions. The Conference is designed to build a more competent public health workforce.
CPHA defines “Health Equity” to be the active assurance that everyone is afforded the opportunities essential to attaining their highest level of health.
The goals of the conference are to:
- Provide a forum for public health professionals to develop new skills, demonstrate best practices, exchange lessons learned, share current research, and discover valuable resources.
- Offer a multi-disciplinary conference program that encompasses the broad aspects of public health.
- Stimulate innovation in public health practice.
- Promote awareness around Colorado’s adoption of the Public Health 3.0 and Foundational Public Health Services models.
- Provide a meeting and discussion opportunity for the CPHA members, other public health interest groups, special interest groups, and new & non-traditional public health partners.
- Encourage networking of all professions represented in public health, special interest groups, and new & non-traditional public health partners.
The intended audience for this conference includes, but is not limited to:
- Behavioral health and mental health professionals
- Community health workers
- Community service providers
- Environmental health professionals
- Health educators
- Medical-legal attorneys
- Patient navigators
- Policy makers, elected officials
- Program coordinators and administrators
- Public health nurses
- Public health officers
- Related health specialists
- Researchers and faculty
- Policy professionals
- Social workers
This conference is a virtual gathering of individuals associated with public health from Colorado, Wyoming and surrounding states. Conference attendees will consist of a wide variety of participants from the public, private and non-profit sectors, as well as the medical, academic and community settings.
The theme of the 2020 Public Health in the Rockies virtual conference is Health At All Altitudes: Action for All. Health for All.
This theme continues discussions of our communities’ current and future public health issues. Most importantly, we will learn from our peers’ policy development efforts related to advancing health and health equity for all populations.
The 2020 Conference will highlight the ongoing importance of promoting health equity, and aims to:
- Foster common ground with non-traditional partners including medical-legal partners and legal associates
- Build new collaboration opportunities across Colorado, Wyoming and the surrounding region
- Highlight the successes in advancing rural public health, public health nursing and health equity in Colorado, Wyoming and the surrounding region
- Celebrate the power of community engagement and participation and highlight our accomplishments in this area to improve health and health equity
- Facilitate more expansive, inclusive, and relevant leadership and professional development training including how to effectively message public health interventions to inform public health laws and policies.
The conference will provide insight and ideas on how to promote health equity in the region. It will showcase multidisciplinary efforts specific to Colorado, Wyoming and the surrounding region within the context of the Foundational Public Health Services and Capabilities.
Interested in being a part of 2020 PHiR planning committee? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org