2019 Public Health in the Rockies Conference
Equity and Social Justice: Innovation at Elevation
General Conference Information:
The purpose of the 2019 Public Health in the Rockies Conference is to provide an opportunity for education, networking and skill development of professionals in Colorado and neighboring regions. The Conference is designed to build a more competent public health workforce.
CPHA defines “Health Equity” to be the active assurance that everyone is afforded the opportunities essential to attaining their highest level of health.
The goals of the conference are to:
- Provide a forum for public health professionals to develop new skills, demonstrate best practices, exchange lessons learned, share current research, and discover valuable resources.
- Offer a multi-disciplinary conference program that encompasses the broad aspects of public health.
- Stimulate innovation in public health practice.
- Promote awareness around Colorado’s adoption of the Public Health 3.0 and Foundational Public Health Services models.
- Provide a meeting and discussion opportunity for the CPHA members, other public health interest groups, special interest groups, and new & non-traditional public health partners.
- Encourage networking of all professions represented in public health, special interest groups, and new & non-traditional public health partners.
The intended audience for this conference includes, but is not limited to:
- Behavioral health and mental health professionals
- Community health workers
- Community service providers
- Environmental health professionals
- Health educators
- Medical-legal attorneys
- Patient navigators
- Policy makers, elected officials
- Program coordinators and administrators
- Public health nurses
- Public health officers
- Policy professionals
- Related health specialists
- Researchers and faculty
- Social workers
This conference is a gathering of individuals associated with public health from Colorado and surrounding states. Conference attendees will consist of a wide variety of participants from the public, private and non-profit sectors, as well as the medical, academic and community settings.
The theme of the 2019 Public Health in the Rockies conference is Equity and Social Justice: Innovation at Elevation.
This theme continues discussions of our communities’ current and future public health issues. Most importantly, we will learn from our peers’ policy development efforts, advocacy work, authentic community engagement work, and innovative programs to address challenges related to advancing health equity and social justice.
The 2019 Conference will highlight the ongoing importance of promoting health equity, and aims to:
- Encourage innovation and outside the box thinking to transform communication, practice, and policies
- Foster common ground with non-traditional partners and build new collaboration opportunities
- Use advocacy and activism to develop a unified voice for public health, health equity, and social justice
- Celebrate the power of community engagement and participation and highlight our accomplishments in this area
- Facilitate more expansive, inclusive, and relevant leadership and professional development training
The conference will provide insight and ideas on how to promote health equity in the region. It will showcase multidisciplinary efforts specific to Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region within the context of the Foundational Public Health Services and Capabilities.
Interested in being a part of 2019 PHiR planning committee? Please contact us at email@example.com