Each year the PHiR planning affiliates (CPHA and PHNAC) endeavor to support students and early career professionals to attend the Public Health in the Rockies Conference.
The Conference will be in Copper Colorado this year from August 29-31 and provides an exceptional opportunity for education, networking, and skill development.
Partial and full scholarships (lodging + registration) will be offered based on demonstrated need and interest of the applicant. Scholarship recipients will be notified by June 25. Scholarship recipients who have already paid for lodging and registration will be reimbursed for the amount of their scholarship. Thank you for your interest in the Public Health in the Rockies conference and we look forward to reviewing your application as part of the up and coming generation of public health professionals!
About the application:
- The application is comprised of essay questions and resume upload for each applicant.
Scholarship recipients will be asked to:
- Contribute at least one post to one of CPHA, PHiR, or PHNAC’s social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Help support A/V and/or moderation during two sessions at the Public Health in the Rockies Conference. (Being an A/V support volunteer or moderator entails receiving a brief training on A/V equipment being used at the conference, assisting the presenter(s) with distributing handouts, etc., holding up time cards for presenters, and you will be able to select the session for which you want to moderate on a first-come, first-serve basis through an online sign-up sheet.)
- Write a letter to our scholarship sponsors thanking them for the opportunity and sharing what you gained out of the experience.
- Application Closes on 6/1
- Award Notifications will be sent on 6/25
- Award recipients need to accept or decline awards by 6/29
- Award recipients will be reimbursed for the amount of their scholarship within a month after the conference.